Thursday, October 22, 2015

Book #20 "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom

I mostly enjoyed this book.  Albom's idea that after we die we meet people in heaven who were connected to us on earth, sometimes in ways we didn't even know, and they help us to understand our lives.  In the case of the main character, he learned that he was more important than he thought he was.  He also found out more about his parents which helped him to understand why they were the way they were.  I really enjoyed that aspect of the book and the focus on forgiveness in particular was very well done.  The story was interesting and a quick read.  Mitch Albom has a very clear, flowing writing style that makes his books incredibly fast-paced.

It did seem to me that he didn't go far enough with the book.  There was quite a lot of setup and then the end seemed to come very quickly.  I felt like he hadn't really finished everything I thought he was going to cover and I was disappointed by that.

Still - very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment