Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Book #19 "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom

I didn't realize until I started reading it that this is actually a true story.  That makes it so much better.  The author reconnected with a college professor when he found out that the professor was dying.  They met weekly for several months and talked about life, death, and everything in between.  I did enjoy the book, mostly for the conversations and things the professor said.  I didn't really like the author much though.  It's possible that he did too good of a job showing himself as a shallow, overly busy person who was wrapped up in the culture and miserable because of it.  Maybe he was just trying to be honest.  But I felt like even when he tried to be sincere and appreciative he still came off as shallow and annoying.  It felt to me like this awesome professor picked the wrong person to write about his last days.  It also bothered me how much of the book was about the author, rather than the man the book was supposedly about - Morrie.  I think Mitch Albom just fell short of writing the life-changing book he wanted.  Still, it's good, and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  Morrie is really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment