Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Book #8 "Beatrice and Virgil" by Yann Martel

I really hated reading this book.  It was insanely over-descriptive, and slow, and the plot was unclear.  It was incredibly annoying to read.  I really liked "Life of Pi" though, so I kept going.  The last quarter was pretty interesting, and the ending was pretty good.  He made some interesting points about the Holocaust, writing, books, and taxidermy, strangely enough.  The story seemed to be overly autobiographical, which was annoying, and there were a lot of smaller details that were never explained, and I honestly just am not interested enough to try to figure them out.  So, there you have it, I wouldn't recommend this book unless you love obscure symbolism and have nothing better to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment