Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book #3 "The Nesting Place" by Myquillyn Smith

This book was just ok.  I bought it following a recommendation from a friend, and after reading the Marie Kondo book I was interested in reading something more specific to decorating.  The two books go together well.  Myquillyn talks a lot about choosing decor based on what you enjoy, and worrying less about what you're "supposed" to do.  That concept really motivated me, but I felt like the book didn't have enough information.  The first half was about how she figured out her theory of decorating, there was a small bit in the middle with practical advice, and then the end went back to theory and seemed very repetitive.

I think that if my style were closer to hers I would have appreciated the book a lot more.  She had some good information mixed with tons of photos of her own home throughout the past several years.  I just didn't enjoy many of the photos.  The style was too different, and so I didn't get as much out of the book as she intended.

Before buying the book, check out her blog.  If you love her style, I think it's worth reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment